10.15.2005posted by Donovan at 7:13 AM
You need some first date ideas that will truly blow her mind!
The problem is, you don't want to go on an expensive date, or a "cheap" date that's unoriginal. So let's go through what a typical man will do.... Take her to a dinner and movie. That's good, that will show her that you're like every other male out there, trying to get into her pants for $30.
So what should you do?
I will assume that you already know this girl to some degree. This should probably be a second date. The first date, should only last for about 30 minutes to an hour, and be at a small coffee shop that YOU picked out. The reason for this is you're a busy guy and you don't have the time to be taking out every girl you meet to expensive, or long dates. (For my post on asking women on dates properly click here) You need to get to know her for something other than her looks first. So the first screener date should be the first meeting after getting her number. That gives you the opportunity to act relaxed, be easy going, and present yourself in a confident manner, and leave the date FIRST (eg. I've got to get running now.)
So, onto the second meeting...
Here are some great examples of quality, inexpensive dates (The goal is to get to know them, and then seduce them when they're comfortable):
- Go for a walk in a fashion district, or scenic area. Afterwards, say, "Do you want to go back to my place and watch a movie." Most women say yes, if you've prepared properly.
- Local fairs or fetes. This is always good, because you can make fun of the carnies, and play some fun games.
- A short play or musical recitial. Many colleges have recitials and short plays that are very cheap to attend. The goal is to have something to go to, and then after grab something small and get back to you're place.
- Snowboarding, surfing, jogging, wakeboarding, boating, riding a bike. Try some of these activities with a woman, get her out of her comfort zone, its gold! She will feel more attached to you, as you teach her the ropes of the sport.
- Visit a day spa, massage palour. Get a massage, then grab a bite to eat, go back for a movie at your house.
You need something else for your dating life. A great online guide more expansive than Art of Approaching, especially with dating and fixing you're dating life issues, is Double Your Dating by David DeAngelo. I love it, and it's only $19.97, I paid about double that one year ago, and it's in its 2nd edition now. Find out more here.
Till next time,
posted by Donovan at 7:13 AM Dating Advice for Men